CLUB FEES AND BURSARY SCHEME
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BALHAM FC’s CLUB FEES FOR 2017-2018
Club Fees for 2017-2018 will be £375 per player, with a discount for siblings.
Club Fees include:
• Club Membership and Registration to represent the club at league, cup and friendly matches
• Qualified Professional Coaching – 2 training sessions per week throughout the year, including school
• Provision of Club Kit (match shirts to be returned at the end of each season)
• Match Fees
• Use of training facilities and equipment
• Warm up tops for all new players – which should be worn at all games. (Replacement tops and
tracksuits etc. can be purchased via the club shop)
• Club Fees work out at £7.80 per week for each player
• We have two payment plan options – annual & monthly
• We offer a confidential Bursary Fund which is in place to support players with genuine financial constraints (details below)
DID YOU KNOW…
• We are the only club in the area to offer a direct player pathway from U7s to Senior Semi Professional Football at Step 5 in the football league ladder.
• We have over 30 qualified, DBS checked coaches in the club and a clearly defined playing style and training programme that is followed by all age groups. We are fully committed to long-term player development.
• We are inundated throughout the season with players from far and wide wanting to join our club.
• We have won prestigious club awards, including the London FA Charter Standard Award as Community Club of the Year three times and the Wandsworth Sports Club of the Year Award three times.
• All of our teams are high achieving. We have won over 270 trophies in the 16 seasons since the club was formed as Balham Blazers FC in 2001.
• We are a Nike Partner Club and have a partnership agreement with Fulham FC. We provide a platform for players to play professionally and are tracked by many football league clubs at the highest level.
• In September 2017 we are launching a Football Academy Programme for 16-18 year olds in conjunction with St Francis Xavier 6th Form College in Wandsworth.
• We are working closely with the local council to secure and develop a permanent home ground, clubhouse facilities and more high quality training facilities to accommodate our growth.
• Our much heralded club website is incredibly popular and receives over 60,000 new visitors each year.
At Balham FC, we will always try to offer financial assistance in the form of a bursary to those who require it. Owing to the increase in numbers we are now only able to offer full bursaries to those families in receipt of the following:
- Income support
- Income based jobseekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension credit
- Child Tax Credit (providing you’re not also eligible to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of less than £16,190)
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit
- Universal Credit
If you are not in receipt of the above, and still require assistance with fees, part bursaries may also be available.